SERVPRO specializes in basement water removal and water damage restoration, our team is here to help
A basement is a wonderful asset to your East Windsor home or business, it can provide additional storage or living space to a crowded property. As unfortunate as it may be, basements are prone to flooding and water damage concerns, their location at the lowest level of a building and usually underground makes them a target – water always runs from high to low ground. Whether the excess water comes from a burst pipe, backed-up sewer line, failed sump pump, malfunctioning water-using appliance, or heavy rainfall, basement water damage is common and causes plenty of concerns to an unfortunate property owner. The first 48 hours are considered the most important time to react, as it is crucial to preventing further damage, in addition to contributing to structural and foundation problems, basement water damage can destroy your personal belongings and interior finishes and it also has the power to create the perfect environment for mold growth.
Water damage is one of the most common problems that home and business owners experience. New Jersey basement flooding and water damage is especially common because it is the lowest level of a building and are normally built partly or entirely below ground level. There is always a risk of basement water damage and flooding due to substantial rain and defective plumbing, additional common causes for water damage to your local New Jersey basement or foundation include:
- A blocked or broken sewer pipe
- Heavy rains cause surface water to pool around your property
- Sanitary/Storm sewer backup
- Foundation damage or drainage failures
- Appliance water supply-line break or hot-water tank failure
Dry everything out as quickly as possible
When a finished/unfinished basement experiences significant water damage, timing is everything. The sooner you begin the disaster recovery process, the more likely you will be able to restore the condition of your possessions and minimize building materials from becoming destroyed. A professional restoration company can help expedite this process.
Actions that can minimize water damage to your basement:
- Extraction: The first step toward restoring your building to its pre-flood condition is removing the standing water from the affected area. Our teams use wet vacuums and pumps to move large quantities of water to a specific location. Starting the process with this kind of removal is more efficient, and it allows us to get more liquid out of your carpets and the cushioning below.
- Evaporation: Next, we’ll set up high-velocity airflow equipment to evaporate any remaining moisture. Units designed for structural drying are more energy-efficient and move a larger volume of air in less time.
- Dehumidification: As water evaporates from furniture, carpet and building materials, that vapor turns into humidity. Left in the air, water vapor seeps back into absorbent furniture, clothing, and other materials. Water damage dehumidifiers remove moisture, which protects your property from future damage and prevents mold growth.
- Temperature control: Cool air hinders the evaporation process. Warm air — 70 to 90 degrees Fahrenheit — is ideal for completely drying your building’s structure. A thorough drying process is essential for preventing mold growth that come from residual moisture.
Our specialized equipment and highly trained staff have the scope of services to handle your property restoration needs from start to finish. We understand you may not have all the answers, calling our team connects you to professionals that can provide the answers to your restoration concerns and tailor a solution to repair your home or business, “Like it never even happened.”